Reseller account recommendations

reseller hosting

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lightspeed_*

Guest_Lightspeed_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hi.... I'm looking for a new reseller hosting account.

Have been using fasthosts but they are just awful.

I've seen the obvious alternatives like heart internet but not heard the best things about them either.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 Guest_MDS_*

Guest_MDS_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Try hostgator, they are the best for me both in services and customer support.I have been with them for over 3 years. Do me favour, if you decide to use them please ask me for my affiliate link.
Thanks

#3 Guest_Fronky_*

Guest_Fronky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

I have been using 'Hetzner Hosting' for some time now and they are fantastic if you are fully proficient at server setup and maintenance.
You can get a dedicted hardware server from 39 euros per month (including VAT) (some require a setup fee), plus 25 euros (including VAT) per month for a windows standard OS.
Linux Operating Systems are free, but they also offer Plesk.

Up time is fantatsic, ping rate for me from UK is around 29ms.
VAT is at 19% because of being hosted in Germany.

Take a look at their website - http://www.hetzner.de/en

If anyone has any questions, then send me a message.

#4 Guest_swordfish_*

Guest_swordfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Doesn't hosting a UK website in another country negatively affect its SEO?

#5 Guest_jamescoakes_*

Guest_jamescoakes_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

We would always recommend that someone hosts in their country of operation if SEO is important.

#6 Guest_Fronky_*

Guest_Fronky_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

It does have an effect, however I've never experienced any significant drawbacks on SEO when hosting outside of the UK.
There are things you can do to help this further, for example setting the 'Geographic target' on your domains within the Google Webmaster Tools to the UK will always ensure that the domain is associated with the specified country regardless of the server location. Obviously, this won’t apply to all search engines, but does help.
I'm quite big on SEO and can honestly say I’ve not experienced any problems. The server spec and cost more than makes up for the negligible SEO downsides.

#7 Guest_Gekko_*

Guest_Gekko_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

My experience of reseller accounts is they are all slow and unreliable.

I would recommend a VPS or dedicated server and put cPanel or Plesk on it.

#8 Guest_Pixelbox Design_*

Guest_Pixelbox Design_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

To clarify the hosting abroad question

#9 Guest_jamescoakes_*

Guest_jamescoakes_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

So yeah but no but yeah but. Classic MC.

#10 Guest_Lightspeed_*

Guest_Lightspeed_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Why doesn't that bearded buffoon just give a straight answer. Typical Google.

#11 Guest_jamescoakes_*

Guest_jamescoakes_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

There's a constant battle between Google and those who make a living from SEO. The latter try to be one step ahead while Google have to be one step ahead. You have to get used to Matt Cutts, it's all about reading between the lines. That one was a classic non-answer though.

My take is host in the country you operate in. You can save a few quid but screw up a campaign.

I'm pleased to see this sort of discussion happening here so early.

#12 Guest_ACE_*

Guest_ACE_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

I've been using FastHosts for around 6 months and haven't had any issues with them.

Why the negative opinion of them? Is there something I should look out for?

#13 Guest_nWebDesign_*

Guest_nWebDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hi

Hi.... I'm looking for a new reseller hosting account.

I've seen the obvious alternatives like heart internet but not heard the best things about them either.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Lightspeed try Freshsites.co.uk - its a hosting company setup by my design company nWebDesign. We were setup by designers, for designers - 24/7 support and all UK based! you wont run into any issues like with fasthosts.

Enter the code ukwda on the order form to get a further 25% off

#14 Guest_scotia_*

Guest_scotia_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

I hope its OK to give a shout to a one-man-show I've used for both my own site & several smaller client sites over the past 14 years. I'll explain why & then if its ok to name then I can add that.

I cant even remember how I ended up in contact with this guy, but probably because I was just starting out, skint & he was cheap.

He charges £35 per year or £85 for life (ie,never need to renew hosting) & he's never creamed off the top of the domain registration prices - In the past 14 years my own site has had a few down days, nothing long term or chronic & hasn't impacted on my wee site & although I understand that for big companies (as opposed to myself, a selfer) this might be an issue - I'm pretty sure most servers take a time out during maintenance etc every now & then?

What's really impressed me though has been being able to email him & get a reply, normally within 20 mins & nothing is ever too much trouble to explain. I'm a total self-taught front end designer & was useless on techs issues but he's taken the time to explain "why" stuff happens & how I can resolve it. The servers run cpanel with all the usual stuff, & any time I've been flummaxed he's been happy to phone me, talk me through it & has never charged me for his time. I'm not a big money maker for him, maybe a few sites per year (I use ekm for e-com stuff) so he's just a genuine "sort".

In addition when I was doing a database module at uni (as a VERY mature student lol) - he was happy to try & help me out. I don't cream off the top of his hosting fees for my clients & he's always ready to remind me/reset passwords I've forgotten, (I know, I'm the worst designer ever) I've never met him, never had issue or cause for worry with his wee company & he's advised me on how to deal with a few sh*tty clients over the years too.

I feel sometimes the small, self employed folks get passed over in favour of bigger companies, which often don't see small time designers like me as valid fodder.

He can also offer dedicated servers which I suppose he must outsource, as opposed to my own site/s being hosted at his feet.

So, here's to the small & effective too :)

#15 Guest_theandybooth_*

Guest_theandybooth_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

don't use 123-reg! there customer support will kill you, and unless you pay for the most expensive vps designated server, your site will be slow

#16 Guest_scottpinhorne_*

Guest_scottpinhorne_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

For basic HTML/CSS sites or for those clients that want 'full control' we use a Heart Internet reseller package and haven't had any issues...... yet! ;)

All our larger websites, those that contain bespoke applications or those that are business critical go onto our own collocated servers so that we have full control every single aspect!
You cannot beat a dedicated/VPS server for your high-end projects as the ability it gives you to test, tweak and interrogate log files when development problems occur I have never found with any '3rd party' hosting.

It's really not that difficult to setup your own dedicated LAMP server either, if your technically minded, especially with their being soooooo much information available online.

#17 Guest_xgipper_*

Guest_xgipper_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I hope its OK to give a shout to a one-man-show I've used for both my own site & several smaller client sites over the past 14 years. I'll explain why & then if its ok to name then I can add that.

I started off hosting some of my sites with a 'one-man-show', which unfortunately became a big problem when he became ill - quite possibly from the stress of running his reseller business. Of course there was no one else to contact to sort anything out. I'd even set it up so he had control of my domains! Got back control of them after loads of hassle - we live and learn!

Has made me think about what would happen to the sites I publish, and others I effectively host for customers, as a one-man-show should that bus one day catch me unawares...

Just sayin'. :)

#18 Guest_FreelanceWebDesigner_*

Guest_FreelanceWebDesigner_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

Some ideas are there that are pretty helpful for me as well!

#19 Guest_laptopparts_*

Guest_laptopparts_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

Delta ADP-180NB|Adaptateur Delta ADP-180NB|Chargeur Delta ADP-180NB

PA5034U-1ACA|Toshiba PA5034U-1ACA|Adaptateur Toshiba PA5034U-1ACA

Chargeur Delta ADP-180HB B|Delta ADP-180HB B|Adaptateur Delta ADP-180HB B

Chargeur Lenovo Miix 2|Chargeur Lenovo Miix 2 10|Adaptateur Lenovo Miix 2

Adaptateur Sony SGPT111fr |Adaptateur SGPT111fr/s|SGPT111fr/s Chargeur

Chargeur Sony SVP132A1CM|Adaptateur SVP132A1CM|Adaptateur Sony SVP132A1CM

Delta MSI ADP-120MH D|Chargeur Delta MSI ADP-120MH D|Adaptateur ADP-120MH D

Chargeur Asus PA-1750-29|Adaptateur Asus PA-1750-29|Adaptateur PA-1750-29

Chargeur Acer Iconia Tab A700|Adaptateur Acer Iconia Tab A700| Acer Iconia A700 Adaptateur 

Delta ADP-40KD BB| Chargeur Delta ADP-40KD BB|Adaptateur Acer Delta ADP-40KD BB

#20 Guest_Gustavo_*

Guest_Gustavo_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:00 AM

Before going to any hosting provider check their reviews, what their clients talk about them,check T&C...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reseller hosting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users